Whoa, whoa, whoa. What do you mean? There is still a little bit of time… well, there was, that time is going to be gone awfully fast.
The blink of an eye; a swish of a wand; the amount of time it takes to learn to make a good bread.
All right, maybe not that last one.
It’s time to panic my friends. At least, in my tiny sliver of the world.
Luckily, panic is something that we have in abundance. But let’s not get over excited. Unprepared is still slightly prepared in some ways. Right? I sure hope so.
To actually be prepared, I am going to follow the tried and true method of slowly drawing my attention closer and closer to NaNo… Actually, that sounds kind of creepy.
Let’s start with a NaNoWriMo survival kit:
- My computer, Yuily
- A notebook
- Microsoft Word
- Empty flashcards– for notes and character information.
- Pens and at least one pencil
- Music (Pandora and 8tracks)
- Writing rock
- Lots and lots of determination
- The ability to chase after motivation
Non-essential, but definitively helpful:
- Random prompt box
- Fuzzy socks and generally comfortable clothing
- Tea, hot chocolate, and, occasionally, coffee
- Internet (for research and– you know what– procrastination)
- Furry friends of four legs
- Other humans in the family to commiserate with
Things that would be beneficial, but probably won’t exist before NaNo:
- A temporary book cover
- A plot
I think my list gets bigger every year. (An illusion, my friends. An illusion.) Truly, only a few things are key.
Are you participating in NaNoWriMo? If so, what is in your survival kit?